SITTINGS, LANGUAGE AND OFFICE HOURS
1. Sittings of the court shall be held within each circuit at such places and commence on such dates as may be from time to time fixed by order of the President of the Circuit Court in accordance with section 10(2) of the Courts of Justice Act, 1947, and at such times as the Judge of such circuit shall from time to time direct and appoint. Notice of such sittings in every county, save Dublin, shall be published as soon as may be after the making of the order concerned in such manner as the President of the Circuit Court may, in accordance with section 10(2) aforementioned, direct.
2. Notice of sittings in the Dublin circuit shall set out the day of commencement and the day of termination of each sitting. Provided that the President of the Circuit Court may extend any sittings of the Circuit Court in the Dublin circuit beyond the date of termination of that sittings.
3. Save as is provided in this Order, no sittings of the court shall be held during the months of August and September, which shall be observed as Vacation other than to continue a hearing commenced before the first of August.
4. During the months of August and September a Judge or Judges of the Circuit Court shall sit in Dublin, on such dates as may be announced, to hear all such applications and cases for the Dublin circuit as may require to be promptly heard. Further, the President of the Circuit Court may, in accordance with the powers conferred on him by section 10 of the Courts of Justice Act. 1947, fix sittings to be held in any circuit during the month of August or September where such additional sittings are, in the view of the President of the Circuit Court, necessary or desirable.
5. Applications of an urgent nature whether during a vacation or otherwise may be made to the President of the Circuit Court or a Judge nominated by him. Notice of intention to make any such application shall be given to the County Registrar who shall submit the matter to the President or a Judge nominated by him which said application shall be made at any time or place approved by the President of the Circuit Court or a Judge nominated by him.
[Deleted by SI 312/07]
7. The offices of the court shall be open to the public for the transaction of business on every weekday between the hours of 10 am and 4.30 pm, with the exception of Saturday and of such days as may be proclaimed by lawful authority to be public holidays.